|School District/Employer:||Thorndale ISD|
|Job Title:||Middle School Secretary|
|School:||Thorndale Middle School|
|Campus Description:||This is a 6-8 campus with approximately 120 students. This position also works closely with the High School campus for attendance taking purposes.|
|Description/Notes:||Knowledge of school district organization, operations
Ability to read/comprehend instructions, correspondence
Excellent public relations, organization, communication skills
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, do word
Ability to multi-task numerous complex activities
Knowledge of general office equipment
Ability to operate district vehicle
Ability to meet established deadlinesOccasional light lifting
Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain control under stress
This will be an 11 month position with annualized pay.
Organize, prepare, and post official attendance records.
• Assist parents, students, and faculty with questions regarding student attendance.
• Contact parents/guardians to verify student absences as needed and report attendance problems to designated administrator.
• Prepare all correspondence, memoranda, and reports for principal.
• Comply with policies established by federal and state laws and regulations, and local board policy.
• Answer incoming calls and greet visitors. Respond to routine inquiries from the public and staff and refer appropriate inquiries or problems to principal or other staff members. Maintain visitor log and issue visitor passes.
• Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
• Mail sorting and shipping/receiving.
• Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
• Receive, sort, and distribute mail, messages, documents, and other deliveries.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Salary Range:||According to district pay scale and experience.|
|Benefits:||$225 per month for health insurance. all district benefits available.|
|How To Apply:||Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete application online at thorndale.txed.net|
|Address:||P.O. Box 870|