|School District/Employer:||Navarro ISD|
|Job Title:||Elementary Pre-Kinder Teacher|
|School:||Navarro Elementary School|
|Campus Description:||Navarro ISD is located in the community of Geronimo in Guadalupe County. A "rural oasis" in south central Texas, we are surrounded by Seguin, New Braunfels, and San Marcos and is conveniently located near both San Antonio and Austin. All four of our campuses are within walking distance.|
Major Responsibilities and Duties
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in meeting individual student learning needs.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students’ assigned.
5. Conduct assessments of student learning styles and use results to plan student centered, engaging instructional activities to meet content objectives.
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher assistant(s)/instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s).
9. Integrate technology into instructional practice and student learning to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development:
10. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing; maintaining and collecting data on students progress throughout the school year.
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
13. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization:
14. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
18. Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other documents as required. Track electronic equipment as needed.
19. Establish and maintain professional relationships and open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals and colleagues.
20. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
21. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development:
22. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
23. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
24. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements and training for Early Childhood Education
ESL Certification and Special Education endorsement preferred
Demonstrated competency in the grade level and subject area assigned
Acceptable criminal history record and fingerprinting results
Knowledge of academic subject area assigned: Pre-Kindergarten
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
One year student teaching or approved internship
|Salary Range:||2019-2020 Teacher Salary Scale $46,000 Entry level 0 years of experience|
|Benefits:||AETNA Health Insurance by TRS Active Care Health Ins - District contributes $225 towards Health Insurance premium
$10,000 Term Life Insurance - free to district employees
Dental, vision, cancer, disability & other insurances offered through First Financial
District & State leave days
|How To Apply:||www.nisd.us >About Us >Employment Opportunities|
|Address:||6450 N. State Hwy 123|