|School District/Employer:||Orenda Education|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office, Charter/Private|
|Job Title:||SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST, Georgetown, TX|
|Campus Description:||Mission: To create new and innovative school choice opportunities for families seeking an alternative to the large, more traditional public school systems.
Vision: To be a leader in the school choice movement, providing life-changing academic instruction to students who may not reach their academic and human potential in the large, more traditional public school system.
Purpose: The Corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. Orenda Education is also the not-for-profit sponsoring entity for Orenda Charter Schools, an “open- enrollment charter school” district. A charter school is a public school sponsored by a private, not-for-profit organization.
|Description/Notes:||POSITION SUMMARY: This position reports to the Lead Systems Manager assisting IT personnel working across multiple areas of technology including PC workstations, network, audio/visual, and peripherals to support the district campuses. This is accomplished by resolving software and hardware requests and incidents utilizing established policies and procedures and an analytical mindset. Candidate must be willing to travel to cities and facilities serviced by Orenda Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Provide support and maintenance as needed for district systems.
• Ensure security of data, and network administrative access.
• Take preventive measures against equipment and /or software failure.
• Perform software and hardware upgrades.
• Assist with management of district systems including setting up users, resetting passwords, and troubleshooting.
• Able to troubleshoot hardware and software failure in a timely manner.
• Must take proactive measures in his/her duties.
• Provide technical assistance to campus faculty and staff for use of equipment including computer hardware and software.
• Provide on-site or remote assistance to campus staff with technology problems and questions.
• Perform and /or arrange for needed repairs to IT systems and peripherals.
• Provide support with the organization and distribution of technology materials for classroom use.
• Perform the installation and configuration of desktop workstation hardware, operating system and application software, network, and peripherals; Decommissioning PC workstations, network equipment, and peripherals.
• Diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and network issues.
• Assist personnel with updating and patching of operating system and application software.
• Assist personnel with event setup, configuration, and take down of PC workstations, audio visual equipment and peripherals.
• Install, repair, and terminate of network cabling.
• Provide support and guidance with installation of audio visual equipment and cabling.
• Perform all other computer or field tasks and projects assigned.
• All other duties assigned.
|Qualifications:||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED:
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Personal transportation to district sites
• Valid state issued driver’s license
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledgeable with computer hardware and software utilities
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Familiarity with computer hardware and software utilities.
• A+ Certification is preferred.
|Salary Range:||$16.50 - $20.10 per hour
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
|Benefits:||Should you enroll in TRS medical, Orenda Education makes a $378 monthly contribution towards employees' premiums.
TRS ACTIVE CARE Aetna Health Insurance
* Active Care 1-HD
* Active Care Select
* Active Care II
* First Care (Limited to certain counties only)
* Scott & White HMO
|How To Apply:||Visit www.orendaeducation.org under careers to submit an application.
Please attach Cover Letter, Resume and References
|Address:||2951 Williams Drive|