|School District/Employer:||Sherman ISD|
|Job Title:||Middle School Principal|
|Campus Description:||Sherman Assigned Campus|
|Description/Notes:||Start Date: January 2020, preferred
Interested applicants must complete the Sherman ISD application at https://www.shermanisd.net/careers and submit the required documentation.
Direct and manage Sherman ISD instructional program and supervise operations at the middle school level. Provide instructional leadership to ensure high standards of instructional service. Direct the implementation of Sherman ISD policies and instructional programs and manage the operation of all campus activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitor instructional and managerial processes to ensure that program activities are related to
program outcomes and use these findings for corrective action and improvement, as well as for recognition of success.
2. Work with staff to plan, implement, and evaluate the curriculum on a systematic basis; include students, parents, and community representatives.
3. Communicate and promote expectations for high-level performance from staff and students; recognize excellence and achievement.
4. Identify, analyze, and a apply research-based best practices to facilitate school improvement
5. Foster collegiality and team building among staff; encourage their active involvement in the decision process.
6. Interview and select new staff and approve all campus personnel assigned
7. Define expectations for staff performance regarding instruction strategies, classroom management, and communication with the public.
8. Observe employee performance, record observation and conduct professional learning and evaluation conferences with all staff.
9. Make recommendations relative to personnel placement, transfer, retention, promotion, and dismissal.
10. Confer with subordinates regarding their professional growth; work jointly with them to develop and accomplish improvement goals.
11. Involve campus staff in the planning of staff development activities.
12. Provide for two-way communication with superintendent, staff, students, parents, and community.
13. Facilitate effective and timely resolution of conflicts.
14. Work with the site-based decision-making team to strategically plan and set clear goals for the campus.
15. Develop, maintain, and use appropriate information systems and records to review and revise tactics for the attainment of campus goals set through strategic planning.
16. Comply with district policies as well as state and federal laws and regulations affecting schools.
17. Use information and insights provided through assessment instruments, the district appraisal process, and evaluative feedback from line supervisors and professional development programs to improve performance.
18. Provide leadership in addressing challenges facing the profession; pursue personal professional development activities; disseminate ideas and information to other professionals.
19. Observe professional ethical standards in accordance with generally accepted community standards and the Texas Education Agency code of ethics.
20. Manage the use of school facilities; supervise maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe campus.
21. Work with faculty and encourage student input to develop a student management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
22. Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
23. Conduct conferences with parents, students, and teachers concerning school and student issues.
24. Articulate the school’s mission to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
25. Use appropriate and effective techniques for community and parent involvement.
26. Provide instructional resources and materials to support the teaching staff in accomplishing instructional goals.
27. Determine and build a common vision with staff for school improvement; direct planning activities and implement programs collaboratively with staff to ensure attainment of the school’s mission.
28. Develop budgets based upon documented program needs, estimate enrollment, personnel, and other fiscal needs; implement program within budget limits; maintain fiscal control; accurately report fiscal information.
29. Utilize strategic planning to demonstrate awareness of school/community needs and initiate activities to meet those identified needs.
Master's degree in educational administration
Mid-Management Certificate or Principal Standard Certificate
Certified in Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS)
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
Ability to manage budget and personnel and coordinate campus functions
Ability to explain policy, procedures, and data
Strong communications, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Middle School Principal experience preferred.
Middle School teaching experience preferred.
|Salary Range:||Commensurable with experience. Daily Rate Range: $372.90 to $504.52|
|How To Apply:||Interested applicants must complete the Sherman ISD application at https://www.shermanisd.net/careers and submit the required documentation.|
|Address:||P.O. Box 1176|