|School District/Employer:||Great Hearts Academies|
|Job Title:||Special Education Teacher|
|School:||Great Hearts Monte Vista South|
|Campus Description:||Great Hearts is a growing, multi-state network of 30 public, open-enrollment charter schools, committed to provide a high-quality, classical liberal arts education to more than 17,500 K-12 students in both Texas and Arizona.
At Great Hearts, our Special Education Teachers and Coordinators are integral members of our faculty, bringing the specialized expertise that is necessary for the success of all our students. Great Hearts aims to serve the students within our special education population in a manner that affirms and reflects their dignity and rightful participation within the larger student body and academy. Through consultation, resource, inclusion, and co-teaching models, the Special Education team provides essential support, following an Individualized Education Plan, to ensure each student is served in the least restrictive environment possible.
To provide educational services to students with disabilities, responsible for planning, developing, delivering and evaluating appropriate individualized educational services, learning programs and instruction in both self- contained and integrated settings in consultation with other school personnel
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations/modifications for differences in individual student differences.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the needs of students’ assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct formal/informal assessments of assigned students and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with general education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in the Individualized Education Program (IEP).
5. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
6. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
7. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities asassigned.
8. Be a positive role model for students; support mission of the school district.
9. Prepares all required paperwork for students Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD) meeting within timelines.
10. Attends and participates in ARD meetings.
Classroom Management and Organization
11. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
12. Manage student behavior through monitoring, supervising, and assessing behavioral patterns and when necessary develop and implementing a behavior intervention plan based upon results of the functional behavior assessment in accordance with students’ IEPs.
13. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
14. Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
15. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
16. Plan, develop and implement individualized learning plans for each student.
17. Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
18. Assist parents with understanding and supporting educational objectives, learning expectations and behavioral standards.
19. Maintain regular communication with parents by means of email, phone calls, conferences, progress reports and report cards.
Professional Growth and Development
20. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
21. Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
22. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
23. Maintain a current knowledge of special education best practices and trends.
Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s).
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned Demonstrate competency in the core academic subject area assigned
Valid Texas Special Education certification
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations and policies affecting special education Knowledge of current special education practices and methodologies
Knowledge of educational technology applications
One year student teaching or approved internship
|Benefits:||Great Hearts offers a very competitive benefits package and overall compensation will be commensurate with talent, experience and education
|How To Apply:||Interested Candidates should complete an online application by going to: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=GREATHEARTS&cws=51&rid=960
Upon completion of an application, please send an email to Deanna Blacconeri - Regional Coordinator for Special Student Services - at Deanna.Blacconeri@GreatHeartsTX.org.
|Address:||3350 W. Story Rd.|