|School District/Employer:||Flatonia ISD|
|Job Title:||Secondary Counselor|
• Knowledge of counseling procedures, student appraisal, and career development
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
• Ability to present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to students, parents, and district staff
• Plan and conduct structured group lessons to deliver district’s guidance curriculum effectively and in accordance with students’ developmental needs. Collaborate with teachers who teach guidance-related curriculum.
• Guide individual students, groups of students, and parents to plan, monitor, and manage the student’s own educational and career development including creating and reviewing personal graduation plans and providing information about post-secondary opportunities.
• Use accepted theories and effective techniques of developmental guidance to counsel individual students, small groups of students, and parents to plan, monitor, and manage a student’s own personal and social development. Provide preventive, remedial, and crisis counseling as needed.
• Serve as an impartial, non-reporting resource for interpersonal conflicts and discourse involving two or more students, including accusations of bullying.
• Coordinate school, home, and community resources and refer students, parent, and others to special programs and services as needed.
• Work collaboratively to advocate for individual students and specific groups of students.
• Interpret standardized test results and assessment data to guide students in individual goal setting and planning.
Program Management and Administration
• Plan, implement, evaluate, and promote continuous improvement of a balanced comprehensive developmental guidance and counseling program that includes guidance curriculum, responsive services, individual planning, and system support components.
• Advocate for a school environment that acknowledges and respects diversity.
• Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents.
• Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and board policy. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations
• Adhere to legal, ethical, and professional standards for school counselors including current professional standards of competence and practice.
|Qualifications:||Master’s degree in counseling from an accredited college or university
Valid Texas school counselor certificate
|Salary Range:||Per FISD Pay Schedule|
|How To Apply:||Please complete the FISD application for employment found on the Flatonia ISD website. The website is located at www.flatonisd.net. Please go to the Employment tab. Completed applications may be mailed (address at top of page) or e-mailed as an attachment to the contact provided.
CONTACT: Tandy Betak, Flatonia Secondary Principal
|Address:||400 East 4th Street|