|School District/Employer:||Lake Worth ISD|
|District Category/Employer:||Central Office|
|Job Title:||Human Resources Specialist|
|School:||Lake Worth ISD|
|Campus Description:||Central Administration|
Provide services for human resource activities to ensure high quality staffing and retention
of district personnel. Assists in the implementation of human resource programs to include
professional and auxiliary staffing, performance appraisal, employee relations.
High School diploma, college hours preferred.
Knowledge of wage and salary, benefits, and performance appraisal
Knowledge of school employment law, personnel law, and hearing procedures
Ability to implement policy and procedures
Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
Three years successful experience in human resources or public schools.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Work cooperatively with administrative staff, principals and staff to select personnel for all
2. Organize recruiting trips for the district and participate in recruiting fairs in- and out-of-state at
universities and other organizations.
3. Develop and maintain recruiting materials and displays.
4. Coordinate the assignment of student teachers and staff from local and out-of-state educator
5. Develop and maintain active liaison with college and university career teacher preparation
officials and placement offices, Regional Educational Service Center staff, professional
associations, and other recruiting resource organizations.
6. Plan and coordinate annual district teacher job fair or participate in planning of regional job
7. Develop and implement a screening and selection process for all employees.
8. Ensure that all teachers and instructional paraprofessionals meet both certification and highly
9. Assist in the coordination of orientation programs for new employees.
10. Assist in developing employment contracts and contract renewals and non-renewals.
11. Provide equal employment opportunity and work cooperatively with others to ensure
compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
12. Assist with the record keeping of employee performance appraisal.
13. Oversee the necessary processing for issuance and renewal of state certificates and permits.
14. Assist in development and training of substitute teachers.
15. Assist with the assignment of personnel and manage the employee transfer process.
Compensation and Benefits
16. Assist with developing and implementing procedures for the preparation and updating of job
descriptions and for the proper classification of positions in the district compensation plan.
17. Assist with the implementation of procedures to ensure that employees are informed of
personnel policies, procedures, and programs that affect them.
18. Assist with implementing and oversee effective district wide employee recognition programs.
19. Work with supervisor to oversee compliance with the state records management program.
20. Compile, maintain, file, and secure all physical and electronic reports, records, and other
Human Resources Department
21. Ensure that department operations contribute to the attainment of district goals and objectives.
22. Participate in professional development activities to maintain current knowledge of human
resource rules, regulations, and practices.
23. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals;
Posture: Frequent walking, standing, bending/stooping, and reaching. Occasional pushing/pulling,
Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional
Lifting: Occasional light to moderate lifting and carrying (less than 44 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an
|Salary Range:||$19.00 - $23.00 Hour|
|How To Apply:||https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=human+resources+specialist&jk=b0545afef02f1480&_ga=2.81066391.1230376036.1549853009-1414213.1548647331|
|Address:||6805 Telephone Road|
|Phone:||(817) 306-4200 x1020|