|School District/Employer:||Orenda Education|
|District Category/Employer:||Campus, Charter/Private|
|Job Title:||MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER - KINGSLAND, TX|
|Campus Description:||Mission: To create new and innovative school choice opportunities for families seeking an alternative to the large, more traditional public school systems.
Vision: To be a leader in the school choice movement, providing life-changing academic instruction to students who may not reach their academic and human potential in the large, more traditional public school system.
Purpose: The Corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. Orenda Education is also the not-for-profit sponsoring entity for Orenda Charter Schools, an “open- enrollment charter school” district. A charter school is a public school sponsored by a private, not-for-profit organization.
Provide students with rigorous learning activities and experiences in the academic subject and grade assigned to help students develop competencies and skills to be successful in post-secondary education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work collaboratively with other members of campus and district staff to determine instructional goals and objectives and serve the needs of all students.
• Use a variety of instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
• Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
• Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
• Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
• Prepares and provides instruction based on accommodations as outlined in the student’s IEP.
• Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
• Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Report and communicate student progress to parents.
• Resolve parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
• Be a positive role model for students.
• Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and handbook.
• Assist in monitoring students and creating a safe campus environment by reporting to duty assignments as assigned by
• Attend campus events and extracurricular activities, as assigned.
• Assist in selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
• Participates in all continuing professional development and relevant ARD meetings.
• Compile, maintain, and submit reports, records and other documents, as required.
• Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve programs.
• Promotes and contributes to campus-wide initiatives including AVID.
• Protects confidentiality of students and their families.
• Participates in performance improvement activities.
• Support the mission and vision of the campus and district.
• Adheres to policies and procedures of the campus and district.
• Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board of Education and local
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
* Valid Texas Teacher Certificate 4-8 Generalist and ESL required.
* Will teach MS Math and Science
|Salary Range:||$40,829.44 - $49,585.28 annually depending on experience
7:15am - 3:45pm
|Benefits:||Should you enroll in TRS medical, Orenda Education makes a $367 monthly contribution towards employees' premiums.
TRS ACTIVE CARE Aetna Health Insurance
* Active Care 1-HD
* Active Care II
* First Care (Certain counties only)
* Scott & White HMO
|How To Apply:||Visit www.orendaeducation.org under careers to submit an application.
Please attach Cover Letter, Resume and References
|Address:||2951 Williams Drive|