|School District/Employer:||Buena Vista ISD|
|Job Title:||Cafeteria Emloyee|
|School:||Buena Vista ISD|
|Campus Description:||Small PK-12 District located in Imperial, Texas.|
|Description/Notes:||Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Cafeteria Food Preparation & Support
1. Be able to follow work schedules.
2. Follow serving schedules and serve all food items according to menu specifications defined by departmental policies and procedures.
3. Work cooperatively with cafeteria director to accommodate temporary schedule changes, special serving requirements and to resolve personnel problems.
Safety and Sanitation
4. Ensure that food is produced safely and is of high quality according to policies, procedures, and department requirements. Store and handle food items and supplies safely following health and safety codes and regulations.
5. Conduct food handler safety training at the campus level and enforce standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
6. Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
7. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
8. Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
Inventory and Equipment
9. Ensure that appropriate quantities of food and supplies are available through daily orders and periodic inventories.
10. Maintain a clean and organized storage area. Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
11. Maintain logs on all equipment maintenance required within campus food service department. Perform preventive maintenance and report needed equipment repairs. Recommend replacement of existing equipment to meet department needs.
12. Conduct regular physical equipment and supplies inventory.
Policy, Reports, and Law
13. Assist in Compiling, maintain, and file reports, records, and other documents including reports of daily and monthly financial, production, and activity records.
14. Review and submit accurate time and attendance records for payroll reporting purposes.
15. Complete annual continuing education requirements.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard large and small kitchen equipment and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep-fat fryer, sharp cutting tools, stove, oven, dishwasher, and food/utility cart
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stoop, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Continual walking; frequent climbing (ladder), grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching/overhead reaching
Lifting: Frequent moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds)
Environment: Work inside in commercial kitchen environment; exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, extreme humidity, noise, vibration, microwaves, biological hazards (bacteria, mold, fungi), chemical hazards (fumes, vapors, gases), electrical hazards; work with hands in water; work around machinery with moving parts; work on slippery surfaces
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Knowledge of methods, materials, equipment, and appliances used in food preparation
Knowledge of food handler safety
Ability to work with other staff
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
High school diploma or GED
|Salary Range:||Per BVISD pay scale|
|Benefits:||Salary per district pay scale, matching 3% annuity, & district contributes to insurance plan.|
|How To Apply:||Contact, Mr. Mark Dominguez, Superintendent at 432-536-2225 or 432-290-5930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be accessed on our web site www.bvisd.net|
|Address:||P.O. Box 310|