|School District/Employer:||Katherine Anne Porter School|
|Job Title:||Transcript Specialist|
|School:||Katherine Anne Porter School|
Contract Labor Position and Grant Funded Position
Part time position
Contingent upon grant funding
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Processes requests for transcripts, student grade records, course descriptions, and other information in accordance with privacy laws and university policies.
2. Greets visitors in person or on the phone, providing customer service with advice and guidance regarding the transcript/graduation process.
3. Responds to inquiries by telephone or letter regarding academic standing, transcript problems, and unclear or irregular transcript requests.
4. Processes name changes and updates other academic and demographic information in files and on computer.
5. Maintains files in proper order; pulls records for processing and refiles.
6. Maintains logs of records release transactions initiated by other departments.
7. May process cash receipts and cash-related transactions, such as money lists for deposits.
8. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Ability to follow routine verbal or written instructions.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Records maintenance skills.
Ability to complete routine paperwork.
Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records.
Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
Ability to communicate with and provide routine assistance to customers.
Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills.
Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
Ability to evaluate and retire as well as digitize for permanent storage student transcripts and/or records.
|How To Apply:||Send resume, cover letter to:
|Address:||515 FM 2325|