|School District/Employer:||Wink-Loving ISD|
|Job Title:||Maintenance/ Groundskeeper Worker|
|Description/Notes:||Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, and sanitary systems throughout district. Perform routine maintenance of grounds and help with custodial duties. Drive school bus when necessary.|
Prefer Class B CDL with P and S endorsements with bus driver training.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
Ability to operate power-driven equipment
Ability to communicate effectively (verbally)
Ability to operate hand and power tools
Ability to work independently
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repair
1. Perform repair and maintenance of district facilities, including repairing woodwork; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; painting, repairing, and replacing plumbing fixtures and drainage systems; and replacing broken glass.
2. Inspect building exterior and interior, playground equipment, and grounds; perform maintenance and minor repairs.
3. Detect and report needed major repairs on building structures and their systems, including lockers, furniture, and equipment.
4. Complete repairs as directed on work orders or by maintenance foreman.
5. Assist with mowing and detailing of district grounds.
6. Move, install, assemble, and repair all school furniture and playground equipment as needed.
Grounds and Landscaping
7. Mow and detail all district grounds, including athletic fields.
8. Follow scheduled maintenance plan to care for lawns, trees, shrubs, and flowers by watering, pruning, fertilizing, mulching, caring for beds, and controlling weeds.
9. Plant shrubs and vegetation.
10. Assist with the preparation of athletic fields for games.
11. Collect and dispose of leaves, dirt, rubbish, and refuse from district facilities.
12. Assist with the inspection, repair, and installation of sprinkler systems.
13. Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, whiteboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
14. Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat and clean.
15. Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
16. Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
17. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting and climbing. Operate equipment and use tools according to established safety procedures.
18. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
19. Maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance as required.
20. Safely drive school buses/school vehicles as needed.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Small hand tools, power tools, measuring tools, light truck, heavy equipment including forklift, tractor, and power mower.
Posture: Frequent standing, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders/scaffolding, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving
Lifting: Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over) on a daily basis
Environment: Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials, noise, vibration, and electrical hazards; work around machinery with moving parts; may work alone; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress
|Salary Range:||See Wink-Loving ISD Salary Schedule and Stipend Schedule (On-Line) District Salary Schedule:
|Benefits:||• Very Competitive Salary - See Wink-Loving ISD Salary Schedule (On-Line)
• 6% Matching Annuity
• Fully funded District Health Insurance Provided
• Life Insurance policy paid
|How To Apply:||1.) Complete District employee application:
2.)Send Application, Resume and credentials to: Mr. Anaan Ramirez, Maintenance Director , via email at: email@example.com
|Address:||P.O. Box 637|
|Phone:||(432) 527-3880 x7001|