|School District/Employer:||Orenda Education|
|District Category/Employer:||Campus, Charter/Private|
|Job Title:||PE Teacher/Coach|
|School:||Gateway College Preparatory School|
|Campus Description:||Gateway College Preparatory School (www.gatewaycps.org) Gateway College Preparatory is a growing K-12 public charter school located in Georgetown, Texas (30 miles north of Austin) with a current high school enrollment of 250. Gateway will be moving up in classification and competing in UIL Conference 3A, District 25, Region 4 during the 2014-2015 season.
Orenda currently owns and operates five charter school campuses in Texas with a total district enrollment of 1,300. Each campus serves a community educational niche that differs from the large traditional school model in several ways, from the smaller school size, project based learning and integration of twenty first century learning technology in all classes. With its existing assets, infrastructure, and systems in place, the organized is poised to grow to seven campuses and a total district enrollment of 2,000 through same school student enrollment growth and de novo school student enrollment growth over the next several years.
Provide students with rigorous learning activities and experiences in the academic subject and grade
assigned to help students develop competencies and skills to be successful in post-secondary education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work collaboratively with other members of campus and district staff to determine instructional
goals and objectives and serve the needs of all students.
• Use a variety of instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that
reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
• Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
• Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
• Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
• Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
• Prepares and provides instruction based on accommodations as outlined in the student’s IEP.
• Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social
and emotional development of students.
• Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and
• Report and communicate student progress to parents.
• Resolve parent/student issues and concerns in a timely manner.
• Be a positive role model for students.
• Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and handbook.
• Assist in monitoring students and creating a safe campus environment by reporting to duty
assignments as assigned by principal.
• Attend campus events and extracurricular activities, as assigned.
• Assist in selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
• Participates in all continuing professional development and relevant ARD meetings.
• Compile, maintain, and submit reports, records and other documents, as required.
• Analyze critical needs in assigned areas and work collaboratively to implement and improve
• Promotes and contributes to campus-wide initiatives including AVID.
• Protects confidentiality of students and their families.
• Participates in performance improvement activities.
• Support the mission and vision of the campus and district.
• Adheres to policies and procedures of the campus and district.
• Comply with policies established by federal and state law, including but not limited to State Board
of Education and local Board policy.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of: Principles, theories, methods, techniques, and strategies pertaining to teaching and
instructing student in the subject and grade level assigned. Strong knowledge of developing curriculum
and along with integrating technology into daily instruction.
Ability to: Design, develop, and implement subject area curriculum that is based on best practices.
Provide effective and innovative learning experiences for students at a college preparatory level. Provide
an attractive, inviting and stimulating learning environment and develop positive relationships with
Experience: Successful completion of student teaching at a recognized college or university or other
applicable field/volunteer work.
Education: Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university and valid Texas Teacher Certificate
with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned.
Duties involve walking, sitting, standing, in-door, and out-of-door activities and some lifting. Must have
and maintain a level of general physical/emotional health which permits effective performance of duties.
Regularly lifts and carries 1 - 25 pounds. Required high level of mental alertness and requires ability to
tolerate high levels of stress.
* Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
* Valid Texas Teacher Certificate PE (EC-12)
* Must have experience as a swim coach and be willing to fulfill a Head Swim coaching duty
* Will coach grades 7-12 swim co-ed
* CDL required or ability to obtain
** Coaching stipends available
** All stipends are paid at the end of the school year in July
|Salary Range:||Compensation is $44,500.00 - $53,020.00 annually depending on teaching experience and degree, plus a coaching stipend.
You also receive additional compensation on a per round trip basis for having a CDL and driving bus to and from games.
|Benefits:||Should you enroll in TRS medical, Orenda Education makes a $367 monthly contribution towards employees' premiums.
TRS Aetna Health Insurance
* Active Care 1-HD
* Active Care II
* Scott & White
|How To Apply:||Only if you meet the qualifications, understand and support public charter schools and are still interested, then please:
Visit www.orendaeducation.org under the careers section to submit an application.
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and references
Please make all inquiries electronically
|Address:||2951 Williams Drive|